Your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
As part of our company mission, we're dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Defense Group at Leidos, has a dynamic job opportunity for a Mission Sensor Systems Administrator within the Airborne Solutions division, located at Biggs Army Airfield on Ft Bliss, in El Paso, TX. As the System Administrator, you will support the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) program that will initially field 4 ARL-E systems to Biggs Army Airfield. The ARL-E system contains an array of reconfigurable sensor packages and supporting Information Technology (IT) systems. Sensors can include Wide Area Surveillance, Light Detection and Ranging, COMINT, Hyper Spectral, and various telecommunications systems including SATCOM and HF. You will maintain this complex array of mission sensors and support IT systems for the cutting edge Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance platform. You'll be based on Biggs Army Airfield and conduct Mission Equipment Payload (MEP) service, repair, reconfiguration, and/or installation services to existing hardware, software, network configurations, and new system initiatives in support of US Army CONUS based operations to ensure the highest levels of system availability and mission completion.
• Participate as a member of the FSR team in support of maintaining the ARL-E fleet MEP for a high tempo CONUS based mission flight program.
• Ensure continuous operation of ARL-E Mission Equipment Payloads which includes the COMINT, SIGINT, Radar, HSI and MX-20 systems; you will be required to develop extensive knowledge of these specialized sensor systems.
• Smooth operation of Linux and Windows Servers in a Virtual Machine environment.
• Timely and accurate reporting of operational system deficiencies and status into Army Aircraft forms.
• Support all required CONUS locations. Roving support at multiple east coast locations as well as Ft Huachuca, AZ may be required.
• Provide assistance with development and adherence to all Leidos and customer policies and procedures
• Training lower level support employees
• Support a complex system of systems by resolving "first" occurrences that requires an understanding of a broader set of issues, system operations and analysis to resolve.
• Communicate with internal and external organizations including multiple customer organizations, sensor OEMs, and engineering staff. Communication may include reports, support efforts, and coordination with engineers.
• Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the ARL-E MEP system and ability to resolve complex problems and routine maintenance issues.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
-Requires a Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience allowed in lieu of a degree.
-DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II, OR the ability to gain certification within 6 months from date of hire
-Must have an active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
-Must have a technology background in Signal, Imagery, or Communications electronic systems operations and maintenance including networking, virtual network environments, Active Directory (AD), Microsoft workstations, servers, and cabling.
-Basic knowledge of firewall maintenance and networking.
-Experience with HAIPE encryption devices (KGs) and simple key loaders (SKL).
-Basic knowledge of, and ability to apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to network and avionics mission systems.
-Troubleshooting skills with experience using relevant test equipment
-Experience with troubleshooting to isolate system faults and perform repairs of complex systems
-25% CONUS travel required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Current Security+ Certification
• Server+/ MCSA
• CM software experience (Puppet preferred)
• Prior experience with airborne sensor support (FMV, Hyperspectral, COMINT)
• IT experience supporting ISR systems
• Prior experience with airborne networking support (LOS/BLOS/SATCOM)
-Former Army 35T, 25S, 25B, 25P / Navy ET, and IT