Job Requisition:Application Operations Engineer
Leidos Corporate IT Group has an immediate opening for an Application Operations Engineer. We're looking for a talented engineer who enjoys bridging the gap between software and hardware. If you have a passion for the latest cloud technologies and thrive in challenging environments, then this may be an opportunity for you. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in software development, systems administration, deployment automation, quality assurance, and monitoring. As a core member of the technology team, your domain will extend from the cloud, to virtually any enterprise application supporting the corporation. As a senior member of the team, you will take ownership of several applications and help mentor junior members.
Ideally, we're looking for someone who can support this role from King of Prussia - PA but we will also consider 100% telecommute for the right candidate.
- Work closely with the development team to integrate their products into production in AWS and private/hybrid cloud environments
- Take ownership of several applications and help mentor junior members
- Provide Tier 3 support of our products and services
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Engineering and Product Management
- Provision, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and infrastructure
- Provide Systems Administration support for various project and operational needs
- Establish, contribute and maintain system security standards
- Perform real-time system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Provide on-call after hours support (on rotation)
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of development operations experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Experience with one of the following: the implementation and/or administration of Deltek EVM Products OR Secure Dev Ops technology in a Cloud environment
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server
- A solid Ops foundation - you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails” when you build things
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and willing to “dig deep”
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to provide on-call / after-hours support (on rotation)
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Experience supporting IIS and .NET framework
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.