Job Requisition:SATCOM Systems Engineer
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an SATCOM Systems Engineer. Will provide key technical expertise and oversight of a family of terminals under CSTP, such as SNAP, DKET, SCOUT, GRRIP, ISA, and various baseband components. This includes skills in Configuration Management, Test and Evaluation, Logistics, and Value Engineering throughout the lifecycle. The lead would also serve and provide input in the development of new efforts within the SATCOM product office.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Perform an evaluation of unit equipment fielding needs and set-up SATCOM systems to match the fielding requirements and deployment location.
- Initialize systems and perform an analysis of/document system malfunctions and/or integration issues to perform preventative maintenance and ensure full operational compliance of systems.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades.
- Support development, upgrade, and rebuild of unit hardware to meet unit requirements.
- Will adapt training materials to SATCOM systems operational / user / maintenance manuals to enable user certification of commercial certifications and military system certifications.
- Perform updates to training curriculum to accommodate system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system use.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors Degree with 6 or more years of directly related experience. 4 additional years of experience may offset the degree requirements.
- Must have active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Extensive experience and expertise in family of terminals under CSTP, such as SNAP, DKET, SCOUT, GRRIP, ISA, and various baseband components.
- Must understand fundamental SATCOM principles and techniques.
- Must have working knowledge of military satellite systems.
- Requires skills in Configuration Management, Test and Evaluation, Logistics, and Value Engineering throughout the lifecycle.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.