Job Requisition:NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Network Administrator to support a DoD customer at Quantico VA.
The Network Administrator will perform a range of maintenance and sustainment duties across multiple government networks and will be primarily responsible for network device troubleshooting, network operations & maintenance, documentation of logical & physical networks, network device and infrastructure installations. Specifically, installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Juniper‐based local‐area networks especially as related to port security.
• Perform administration duties for multiple networks and devices including routers, switches, encryption devices, and other related network equipment.
• Perform troubleshooting of network and connectivity issues with network devices on the LAN, and coordinate troubleshooting with partners on WAN circuits.
• Install, maintain, and/or repair network infrastructure (i.e., patching and running copper and fiber cables, installing raceway such as Panduit).
• Comment on system changes through Technical Review Boards (TRB) in a professional manner.
• Assist with required security posture on all network equipment in accordance with DoD and local command mandates and requirements, including updates, STIGs, IOS upgrades, and other basic network security requirements.
• Assist Service Desk Technicians and System Administrators with Tier I and Tier II troubleshooting as needed.
• Document the network (such as with Visio); and monitor networks with network monitoring tools (such as Solarwinds).
• Required: Active TOP SECRET clearance with immediate eligibility for SCI access at time of hire.
• Required: HS Diploma/GED and 5 yrs of prior relevant experience, or Associate’s Degree and 1-3 yrs experience.
• Required: DoD 8570 IAT Level II Baseline Certification, such as Security+ CE.
• Required: Formal classroom training or certifications in Juniper networking, i.e. Juniper JNCIA-JUNOS or JNCIS-ENT.
• Experience on US military Intelligence networks and help desk support.
• Familiarity with trouble ticketing systems, such as Remedy or ServiceNow.
• Ability to effectively present technical information to reviewers in oral and written formats.
• Administrator-level knowledge of LAN operations & maintenance, Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), VLAN Trunk Protocol (VTP), Port Security, Spanning Tree, and Layer 2 and 3 switching configurations, and network security.
• Able to install, configure, and maintain encryption devices (KG‐175D/G/X).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.