The Leidos Architecture and Engineering organization is seeking a candidate to join our End User Services leadership team as the Senior Manager of Unified Communications. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead the group developing and executing upon the corporate unified communications strategy. This portfolio includes our Exchange, Skype, and Telephony services. This role will also have the opportunity to engage with our CTO and business unit organizations to support proposal efforts and customer programs.
Major initiatives that you will lead include:
- Establishing and executing the UC migration strategy for Office 365
- Enhancing the E-Mail security architecture
- Executing against our Office 365 roadmap
- Developing a Workstream Collaboration / Persistent Chat service
- Completing the telephony migration from legacy PBX to Skype Enterprise Voice
- Lead the development and execution of device management roadmaps and strategy
- Provide day to day direction, project leadership, and functional management of team members that design, deploy, and sustain the Leidos desktop platforms and management systems
- Act as a senior escalation point of contact for the Leidos operations and support organizations
- Deliver concise and accurate engineering documentation including design artifacts, knowledge guides, and operating procedures
- Partner and collaborate with sister organizations including Corporate Information Security, Data Center, Operations, and Health management teams to ensure integrated and fully vetted solutions
Ideally, we're looking for someone who can support this role from one of the following locations: Reston - VA, King of Prussia - PA, San Diego - CA, Gaithersburg - MD, Orlando - FL. We will also consider telecommute for the right person.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of previous relevant experience in systems engineering, including proven success managing IT service delivery in a highly secured and large scale enterprise.
- Project management and leadership experience at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of engineering and service methodologies and processes (ITSM, ITIL, etc.)
- Financial modeling of project and O&M efforts (ROM, BOE, etc.)
- History as a functional leader of engineering organizations with direct reports.
- Prior experience leading a diverse and geographically distributed workforce.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Extensive experience overseeing the architecture, engineering, and sustainment of unified communications services and platforms:
- Microsoft Exchange (on-premises)
- Microsoft Skype (on-premises)
- Cisco IronPort ESA / Proofpoint
- Office 365
- Avaya PBX
- Enterprise Voice
- Experience transitioning on-premises unified communications services to Office 365.
- Familiarity with US Government IT security principles such as NIST, CUI, CDI, ITAR, DFARS, DISA STIG, FedRAMP, GCC, etc.
- Experience deploying and managing Workstream Collaboration / Persistent Chat as enterprise services. Examples include Slack, Mattermost, and Microsoft Teams