Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking a full-time Data Analyst I to support the Deployment Health Research Department at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA.
This position will support the Department of Defense (DoD) Birth and Infant Health Research (BIHR) team in their goal to examine reproductive health outcomes among military families and explore possible relationships between military service and
reproductive health. The BIHR databases include large consolidations of DoD administrative and medical data, which are used to identify pregnancies and births among military families and define maternal and infant health outcomes. The Data Analyst I will work closely and collaboratively with senior BIHR staff to support efforts across the full research project cycle.
- Access various secondary data sources to extract relevant data and construct comprehensive, project-specific datasets
- Contribute to data management processes, including data verification, cleaning, quality assurance, and merging
- Assist in developing algorithms to define health outcomes based on medical codes
- Use SAS to clean and analyze data and run statistical models including PROC LOGISTIC, REG, PHREG, FREQ, GLM and more
- Work with research team to refine research methodology and construct databases to appropriately answer study questions
- Prepare tables and graphs displaying research findings
- Maintain and update documentation on all processes and procedures, including statistical analyses plans, meeting notes, data dictionaries, and codebooks
- Contribute to the preparation of study deliverables, including presentations, reports, and publications
- Master's degree in public health, epidemiology, or related field
- Minimum one year experience developing basic study designs and implementing statistical methods for relevant research studies, under the supervision of senior researchers
- SAS competency with complex database management and data merging, cleaning and verification processes.
*Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance