Job Requisition:Senior Acoustics Signal Processing Engineer
Leidos is searching for an Engineer / Scientist to be part of a strong team addressing some of our nation’s most challenging defense problems. The candidate will lead a technical effort to design and implement signal processing algorithms for underwater acoustic sensors and analyze unique datasets to identify and characterize signals of interest. The successful candidate will demonstrate in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs and serve as a subject matter expert within the underwater acoustics domain.
- Lead a small team of technical staff to design, develop, implement and test signal processing algorithms for acoustic sensors.
- Interact regularly with customers to provide status updates.
- Work collegially within a talented team of peers.
- Bachelors and 12 plus years of experience is required.
- Intense interest in algorithm development, large dataset analysis, complex data phenomenology, signal detection and characterization, and efficient software implementation.
- Strong analytical skills in the areas of detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and matrix computations, spectral analysis, mathematical modeling, and algorithm and software design.
- Fluency in MATLAB or similar data analysis package.
- Demonstrated exceptional work ethic.
- Proven track record of leadership, innovation, problem solving, and successful technical results.
- Be self-motivated and a team player, ready for a fast-paced environment and high expectations.
- An active Top Secret security clearance.
- Ph.D. degree or Masters with 10+ years of experience in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Additional software experience such as C, C++, shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python, MPI, Cuda.
- Experience with public speaking, client interaction, customer presentations, research documentation, task planning and scheduling.
- Electronic sensor prototyping, building, testing, and repair.
- Data acquisition, logging, and analysis.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.