Job Requisition:UI/UIX Designer
If the following sounds like you – we want you on our team.
“I'm a naturally curious Product Designer with a deep passion for problem solving and understanding my customers. I have a demonstrated experience designing UI and customer experiences for mobile and web based applications. I work with Product Owners or stakeholder to understand the problem we're trying to solve with new or existing features and then seek to understand the user needs through collaborative design, market research, analyzing user data, and user interviews or surveys. I regularly meet with the agile team to understand the needs of the business and technical aspects involved with the problem as well as defend the needs of the users, if necessary. My UIX process may begin with sketches or, if it is a simple problem, move on to wires or even mockups. Once an initial solution has been defined, I typically pair with developers to help ensure it's implemented as expected, or build out the changes myself if they are purely front end.”
- Identifying and understanding user roles / personas
- Engaging with the product owner, stakeholders, users and user representatives to understand the needs
- Defining user scenarios, storyboards and workflows
- Analyzing information needs and data flows
- Lead design workshops to quickly and efficiently develop workflows, wireframes and other user interface design artifacts
- Developing wireframes and prototypes for web applications and mobile software
- Reviewing designs with product owners, stakeholders, users and user representatives to get feedback
- Develop and maintain UI/UIX design standards or guidelines
- Working closely with other agile team members to support the implementation of user interface designs
- Performing usability testing for each agile iteration, where applicable
- Ability to work across and support different agile teams – with possibly conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated experience designing the user experience for web based applications and mobile software
- Proven ability to translate user stories and requirements into user friendly software user interfaces
- Solid technical understanding of software technologies, especially HTML5, responsive design, and mobile app design.
- Previous experience working within an agile team delivering releases in short term, focused, iterative cycles
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with wire framing and prototyping tools such as Balasmiq or MockPlus
- Experience in graphical design of user interfaces
- Experience managing graphical design projects through crowdsourcing, including management of design contests and one-on-one projects
- Prior experience working in a matrix organization
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.