Job Requisition:Licensed Fire Protection Engineer
Job Description:The Civil Group at Leidos has an opening for a Licensed (PE) Fire Protection Engineer to be located in the Atlanta, GA area.
Join the NISC III team to assist the Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Services Group AJW-23 to support and improve Fire Life Safety (FLS) program elements intended to protect employees and others in the workplace and ensure Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) compliance with Federal, State, and FAA laws and regulations.
Subject areas where services are needed include program management, training, Condition Risk Assessments (CRA) and Stairwell Pressurization Engine Generator (EG) replacement.
The position will support numerous facets of the FAA’s Fire Life Safety (FLS) Program, FLS Guidance, Policy Development, and Planning, specifically:
- Assist with the development of FLS code and standards analyses
- Provide guidance on the applicability of codes and standards to FAA facilities, its mission, and specific technical items encountered
- Provide FLS guidance to the FAA on program and Agency initiatives where the FLS program is a stakeholder
- Develop technical guidance on issues related to design and construction
- Assist with the development of standard specifications for installations at FAA facilities
- Assist with FLS programmatic planning initiatives, prioritization, and consultation regarding program direction and goals.
- Authoring white papers, proposals, and analysis papers on any of the items above for distribution to FLS stakeholders
- Be able to create and present required technical topics at various FLS working groups and programmatic meetings
- Provide training to FAA facility personnel on the use, testing, and maintenance of Fire Protection Systems installed at FAA facilities
- Provide consultation on improvements to current FAA FLS training options and processes
FLS System Design
- Create scopes of work, designs, and costs estimates for new FLS installations or upgrades at FAA facilities. System features include fire alarms, fire pumps, sprinkler systems, and stair pressurization systems
- Perform critical review of other FLS System designs to ensure code compliance and applicability to requirements
- Perform construction oversight to ensure projects are implemented according to plans, answer technical issues regarding FLS plans, respond to RFIs and submittals, and troubleshoot issues encountered during construction
FLS Condition Risk Assessments (CRA).
- Coordination of sites with customer on specific dates, locations, impacts to the facility, etc.
- Develop and maintain a current schedule of CRA’s, at all times, with dates of visit, location, current status of CRA, team assigned, IRMC status, and other relevant information.
- Complete, submit and maintain applicable IRMC for each project, with appropriate dates, stakeholders, approvers, etc. IRMC will be submitted no less than 30 days prior to site visit and will be approved before traveling to site.
- Efficiently mitigate findings identified during site visits determined by the AJW-23 Program Manager as appropriate.
- Provide additional CRA support as requested by AJW-23 Program Manager.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Requires a Professional Engineering License in Fire Protection Engineering and at least 8 years of progressive experience in the Fire Life Safety/Fire Protection field.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable ICC and NFPA codes is required.
- Past experience developing and/or providing holistic consultation on FLS programs is required.
- Ability to produce FLS designs of a variety of critical FLS elements, and be able to provide critical comments on FLS designs and installations.
- Former experience in training FLS concepts and code application is required.
- Experience working in a team and collaborating on issues as a peer with other Fire Protection Engineers.
- Experience with FAA National Airspace System facilities, FAA staffed or un-staffed facilities, or similar government installations.
- Experience with 29 CFR 1960.20 is highly desired.
- Specific experience with programs at Federal agencies is preferred, with FAA experience weighted heavily.
- Former training on the use/maintenance of Fire Protection systems is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Fire Protection2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.