As a Leidos Sr. PC Technician/Site POC, you will be a member of a team of technicians providing support to the US Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology (ACE-IT) program. This role will work from Concord, Massachusetts.
ACE-IT provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 end users. Our Leidos team designs, engineers and operates a worldwide data network, in addition to providing direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency information technology resources and services at more than 1,500 locations in the continental U.S., Pacific Ocean Division headquarters, Honolulu District and Alaska District.
- Provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve.
- May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. The PC Technician performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the candidate troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software. Site POC and point of contact for Tier 3 support and escalations.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
* 4+ years of professional, applicable experience
* Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
* Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment
* Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
* Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, and MS Office 2013.
* Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
* Strong analytical and follow through skills.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
* Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
* Ability to work well as part of a team.
* Experience maintaining Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits)
* Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
* Experience working in a DoD environment
* Experience supporting Office 365
* Demonstrated experience as a Lead PC Technician
Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies", as well as company that provides:
- A stable 50-year history
- Work/life balance
- A diverse array of leadership and growth opportunities
- A strong culture, dedicated to inclusion, innovation and ethics
- Excellent benefits
- Exposure to new technologies
Leidos' Civil Group is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Logistics & infrastructure support - Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
- Cybersecurity - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Facility management & operations - Operating the world's longest supply chain to Antarctica
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management - Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Leidos makes the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.