The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Patriot Electrical Power Plant (EPP) III /Antenna Mast Group(AMG) Maintainer Training Specialist. This position will support the PEO Missiles and Space Patriot providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum. This course is designed to provide training of electrical safety measure, understanding of relays and contactors, the use of multimeter, AC/DC voltage testing, schematics and wire diagram, troubleshooting 150kW generator, power distribution unit, and antenna mast group. Students will complete written and hands-on exercises and testing throughout the duration of the course. Students will benefit from a comprehensive knowledge of the function of relays and contactors, sequence of operations and troubleshooting for the 150kW generator, Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and the Antenna Mast Group (AMG). Students will be able to enhance their troubleshooting abilities by learning component identification and schematic and wire diagram tracing for each sequence of operation.
This position will require design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum. Will instruct 2 week classes on electrical power systems at various locations within the US. Work directly with the Program and Government POC's on training requirements. The position has the opportunity to be located at FT. Gordon, GA, FT. Hood, TX, FT. Campbell, KY, FT. Bragg, NC or Aberdeen, MD.. The location will be determined based on the selected candidates location.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability. Determine baseline application on new equipment to be integrated prior to shipping to location.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of related experience required. A minimum of 8 years related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
Active DoD Secret clearance
Certification of instructing from an accredited College/University, Trade School, or from an instructor certification course from a military training school.
Vast knowledge and experience as a mobile training instructor.
Knowledgeable of electrical and mechanical engineering, AC/DC Fundamentals, AC/DC circuitry, AC/DC troubleshooting theory, Electrical Power Distribution, pneumatic and hydraulic functions, troubleshooting skills, electrical mathematical formulas (Ohms Law, 3 phase power, voltage drops), diesel engines, various methods of fuel delivery, to include the ability to read and understand schematic drawing and tracing.
Ability to research, analyze, and gather data for course ware development to include practical exercises for various training packages and an understanding of the validation / verification procedures for created curriculum.
Must be Subject Matter Expert (SME) of various power generation equipment to include but not limited to the TQGs, AMMPS, DPGDS, Patriot EPP III, commercial off the shelf (COTS) generators, and IECUs.