Senior Electrical Engineer (Distribution) – Honolulu HI
Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly- and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
The Leidos Honolulu office is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with experience working for a utility and/or utility consulting company. The successful candidate should have a background in utility distribution design for overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit projects for systems operating at 4 to 69 kV. Projects may include, but are not limited to, pole and equipment maintenance replacements; line relocations; system improvements to accommodate residential solar; system reliability upgrades (e.g., installation of circuit sectionalizing devices, replacement of manual with auto switchgear); overhead to underground conversions; cable replacements; etc.
Senior Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
• Development of construction work packages for projects in urban, rural and commercial environments
• Development of project cost estimates and schedules
• Execution of projects in compliance with client's engineering and construction standards, including a relevant industry codes and standards (e.g., NESC)
• Selection, specification and procurement of project materials
• Field engineering of project requirements
• Identification and coordination of conflicting utilities;
• Perform engineering and design calculations, including preparation of work permit applications.
• Maintain compliance with project scope, budget and schedule. The candidate may also support client and program management functions.
• Manage design teams, as well as communicate and coordinate with client’ engineering, operations and construction staff.
• This position may supervise and mentor other engineers and designers, and be responsible for directing, monitoring and checking their work.
• Typically requires Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Must be registered as a Professional Engineer with the ability to obtain a license in Hawai’i via reciprocity within 6 months of hire date
• Expertise with industry-related engineering software
• Knowledge of all relevant industry codes and standards (e.g., NESC);
• Experience with Microstation or AutoCAD, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
• Experience in utility transmission system engineering, competency with PLS-CADD and/or O-Calc Pro overhead design software, and/or construction oversight experience is a plus.
• Work effectively in a team environment or independently
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Distribution Design Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.