Job Requisition:Software Build and Release Engineer
Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Software Build and Release Engineer to work on-site at the US National Data Center (US NDC) on Patrick AFB, FL, government customer site. Candidates must currently possess a Top Secret security clearance in order to be considered. The US NDC is the geophysical data acquisition, data processing, reporting and archiving component of the United States Atomic Energy Detection System (USAEDS) operated by the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) at Patrick AFB, Florida. AFTAC's mission is to monitor compliance with nuclear test ban treaties to standards set by US verification and policy leaders. The US NDC contractor team supports the operational, development, and research environments. A mix of Scrum and Scrumban Agile development and traditional prototyping methodologies are utilized. The contractor team works hand in hand on a daily basis with the government mission operations end user, researchers, and software and hardware teams.
The candidate will join the configuration management team to support the nuclear test monitoring system. The candidate will work with a team providing software build and release support for the software systems that acquires, processes, reports, and archives data from a worldwide network of seismic, hydroacoustic and infrasonic sensors. Candidate will assist the team, who is responsible for the maintenance and sustainment of the US NDC system, which is comprised of over 2.85 million lines of code in various languages including C, C++, Java, Scheme, and various Perl and shell scripts under the Solaris Unix 10 and 11 and Red Hat Linux v6 and v7 operating systems. Candidate will be responsible for the integration, compilation, versioning, and delivery of a software release to the 24x7 mission system. Candidate will be involved in the development and maintenance of scripts to assist in the seamless integration of software updates. Candidate will also participate in weekly Configuration Management Board (CMB), Analysis Review Group (ARG), and developer scrum meetings, and help maintain the software CM-related documentation.
- Top Secret security clearance required on Day 1, ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- Bachelors Degree in software engineering or Information Technology (IT) field of study and 4-8 year of prior relevant experience. In lieu of degree, certifications and experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- IAT Level II certification, as defined in the DoD 8570.01 IA Workforce Improvement Program (i.e. CompTIA Security+ certification), must be earned within 6 months of hire date.
- Fluent in Unix and Linux fundamentals (Solaris Unix 10/11 and/or RedHat 6/7), Perl and shell scripting
- Fluent with build scripting using Makefiles and Ant and software development
- Fluent with software configuration management tools (i.e. Git, Clearcase)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Rational Team Concert, Jira).
- Experience with Virtual Machines (VM) environment
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Ability to concurrently support up to multiple concurrent integration build and release efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work in a team environment to include customer and contractor technical, end users, and management team members.
- Solid oral and written communication skills to render concise reports, summaries, documentation, guides, and presentations.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and tools
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.