Job Requisition:Help Desk / Customer Support Manager
Leidos, Inc. is seeking a qualified, creative, and customer-focused technical and non-technical person to provide Help Desk (HD)/CSC operations management support to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), located in Rockville, MD. The EUCS CSC Manager will serve as the primary HD/CSC interface to NRC/Leidos management, service providers and attend various meetings. Duties include coordinating cross-tier integration, establishing and managing internal operating level agreements (OLAs), periodic review/update of system documentation, monitoring of key performance indicators (KPI), and management of the HD/CSC KMDB. This role will also require interaction with users and evaluation of vendor products and services, as well as frequent inter-organizational and outside contact with customers in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Success in this role requires the ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult IT problems. Must be knowledgeable of the NRC organization, NRC operations, Remedy, MS Office Suite, AVAYA ACD/CMD, AVAYA Contact Analyzer; and other CSC/HD applicable tools specifically used to support any CSC/HD. The CSC Manager will be responsible for managing 15 agents in the operational delivery of HD/CSC services. The manager will meet with the customer to review status and future requirements, and establish metrics, identify and resolve systemic failures, and determine weaknesses in documentation and requirements.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR TELEWORK; WORK WILL BE PERFORMED AT THE NRC LOCATION IN ROCKVILLE, MD.
This position requires the ability to obtain an NRC Public Trust security clearance. Work can not begin until the clearance has been granted.
- Serve as the CSC/HD Operations Manager and manage 15 CSC agents.
- Serve as point of contact for all Help Desk/CSC inquiries.
- Act as primary point of contact for team.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing Help Desk/CSC staff performance.
- Assist with training and mentoring team members.
- Work with team to create or update documentations including but not limited to SOPs, How to’s, and KBB articles.
- Assist end users with issues and questions via phone and/or email.
- Work on assigned projects or tasks.
- Develop statistics and reports from data provided from various tools and sources like Remedy.
- Provide CSC/HD metrics status to Leidos and NRC customers.
- Primary CSC/HD POC to the NRC supporting OpCat, ResCat, and ProdCat categorizations implementations.
- Review tickets information to ensure SOPs are being followed and tickets are being properly documented/closed.
- Escalate any major issues in a timely manner.
- Assist other Help Desk staff with issues or questions.
- Attend customer and Leidos meetings as requested and scheduled.
- Provide CSC/HD Continual Service Improvement Initiatives.
- Identify and manage the CSC/HD KMDB for team use.
- Troubleshoot CSC/HD Calls to completion.
- Update all required Remedy ticket, CMDB, and any other system information in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner.
- Support other CSC/HD services related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree and 18+ years of professional IT experience, with at least 16 years of Call Center/Help Desk leadership and management experience.
- HDI Certified ITIL Foundations Level (or higher) Certification.
- Experience running a help desk or CSC
- Experience working with Help Desks/CSC, with an emphasis on Call Center Operations.
- Experience supporting VMWare, Windows, Active Directory, and end user computing support needs.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, follow-up, and follow-through skills
- Ability to communicate with end users and provide status to Leidos and NRC representatives.
- Ability to take and execute direction on a tight schedule.
- Experience meeting with customers to review status and future requirements
- Possession of strong analytical skills for establishing metrics, identifying and resolving systemic failures, and determining weaknesses in documentation and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, quickly, accurately, flexible, agile, and efficiently as part of a team to meet quick turnarounds and hard deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative. Knowledge with other tools and techniques specific to this service area to efficiently conduct the transition of current data, information, and knowledge.
- Experience and knowledge of Win7, Win10, SharePoint, Service Catalog, MS Office Suite 2003-2013, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Remedy, Citrix, Cisco Systems VPN client, Blackberry Manager, Verizon air-card, Checkpoint, Java, McAfee, Symantec, Active Directory, Bomgar, and Remote Desktop.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.