The Defense Group at Leidos is c urrently seeking an experienced IP/Baseband Technician to provide, implementation, maintaining, and support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc. 1) at Fort Hood, TX. WIN-T Inc. 1 is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter with voice, data, and video capabilities for use in a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment. The system currently includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs) Virtual Server Stack (VSS) Battle Field Teleconference III (BVTC III).
You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet PM-WIN-T objectives both current and future improvements.
1) New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS, VMWare, Brocade Switches)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot-fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Coordinate with vendors such as PM WIN-T, General Dynamics, and other IT personnel for problem resolutions, implementations, design, and analysis.
2) Curriculum Development:
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
3) Training Services:
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
4) Cross Training:
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
5) Continuing Education:
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of Degree
Minimum 4 years hands on experience on related WIN-T systems
Active DoD Secret security clearance.
Knowledge of Switching/Routing
Knowledge of Satellite Communications
Knowledge of Communications Security
Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of Virtual Machine Infrastructure (VMWare VCP-DCV), set-up, troubleshoot and understand the various WIN-T assemblages
Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of NCC Operations, Linkway, Raydyne, FDMA and NCW modem operations.
Proven hands-on network engineering experience
Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
Ability to travel up to 50%
Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)