Job Requisition:Sr. System Administrator (Oracle Tuxedo)
Leidos is searching for a Systems Administrator, Senior for our team at the Hines Information Technology Center, Hines, IL. This position is onsite at that location. The position is for the Day Shift.
A Sr. System Administrator has the thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks. Manages teams of system admins and can prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources. Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
Oracle Tuxedo Administration experience required.
- Deploying new versions of Tuxedo, applying patches, and recompiling XA drivers for use with new releases;
- Maintaining the architecture code on the server side (UNIX), to include the core framework for security, auditing, logging for all applications using FML16 fields;
- Maintaining the batch infrastructure code on the server side (UNIX);
- Maintaining the C code which provides the framework (security, audit, logging) on Windows for all thick client applications used by VBA.
- Applicant must be willing to work weekends and after hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 5 years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Strong background in Windows server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with VMWare through 6.X
- Experience with monitoring environments
- Experience working in data centers
- Problem solving skills and good documentation skills.
Expert-level skills in:
- Virtualization (Emphasis on VMware and Hyper-V is important as well)
- Web hosting Infrastructure
- IIS (Knowledge of non-Microsoft web servers like Apache is helpful too)
- Content management (Content publishing tools, CDNs, etc.)
- Load Balancing
- Public and private cloud infrastructure and concepts
- Databases (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016
High-level skills in:
- Common network protocols and services (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DNS, etc.)
- Network routing and firewalls.
- Storage protocols (Fiber Channel, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, iSCSI)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016
- Monitoring software with SolarWinds
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.