The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Database Administrator to work at our Annapolis Junction location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program. The selected individual must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management. He/she will be expected to learn and understand data models and data architecture documents. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline and 12 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Must have at least 4 years general experience as a Database Administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
• Must have at least 3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
• Must have 2 years of shell scripting experience.
• Must have 2 years of experience with PL/SQL.
• Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
• 3 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
• Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
• Experience with MySQL.
• Experience with Cassandra.
• Experience with Mongo.
• Experience working on Agile/Scrum programs, specifically working with SAFe Scaled Agile Framework.
External Referral Eligible