Job Requisition:Senior Test Engineer
Leidos Health has an opportunity for a Software Test Engineer supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs’ Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy program. The CMOP is a network of seven (7) highly-automated production facilities which employ a mixture of robotic devices, conveyor systems, and human factors to accurately fill and ship nearly 117,000,000 prescriptions per year for healthcare beneficiaries including our nation’s Veterans and patients eligible for care through Indian Health Service (IHS).
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The candidate will participate in a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to sustaining and enhancing three new capabilities developed within the CMOP domain to include:
- CMOP and Cerner (Electronic Health Record) Interface solution with the data defined in VA provided HL7 specification
- Multum printing Patient Medication Information (PMI) interface solution to pass data to all applications that handle and print PMI.
- Database to database transfer services solution to guarantee delivery of prescription data.
The Candidate will be required to write test plans and test execution summaries, provide automated testing tools and generate test scripts to validate and support requirements, design and development to accomplish the following:
- Validate data input and return values
- Test communication from service listener to receive HTTPS messages from Cerner
- Test setup of windows service to transmit to Cerner over https.
- Test web application dashboard to allow monitoring as well as ability to start/stop communication
- Pass PMI information through transfer database
- Use testing tools to assist in testing the PMI printing and allowing testing to be repeatedly performed
- Test and verify modified applications to print new Multum PMI data
- Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer.
- Develop detailed test plans, test data and define test acceptance criteria.
- Build Test Suites and cases in Microsoft Test Manager
- Prepare test report summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes.
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
- Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
- Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Verify specific action or function of code and demonstrate successfully to VA CMOP Product Owner.
- Assist the software development team in the implementation of automated regression testing.
- Be involved in analyses and the investigation of related applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Interact with senior management and other engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Knowledge of HL7
- 2+ years .NET development
- 4+ years C#
- Experience with Visual studio 2015/2017, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015
- Test Driven Development
- Experience with automated unit testing and integration testing
Senior Test Engineer Desired Additional Experience:
- Windows Services
- ASP.NET MVC, CSS
- MS SSRS
- Azure Cloud Technologies – Amazon Web Services
- Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes through an agile development lifecycle. Strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft development environments, and test execution in pharmacy and/or industrial automation environments.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.