Job Requisition:Facilities Project Manager (IOSS)
Leidos currently has an opening for a Facilities Project Manager in the field of Electrical Engineering. This position will support the electrical infrastructure associated with the VA data center located in Hines, IL. and is required to be at the site. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission in supporting the mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO).
Must have prior experience in installation, construction, operations and maintenance of redundant power sources, backup power sources and all associated equipment that provide continuous power to the data center.
- Current infrastructure/equipment to support:
- Utility power feed(s)
- Backup generators (including fuel systems)
- Auto Transfer Switches (ATS)
- Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) units (including battery strings/systems)
- Power Distribution Units (PDU)
- Remote Power Panels (RPP)
- Electric panels
- Redundancy to the IT rack level
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards.
- Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for internal, Facilities Project Management.
- Develop formal project charters and assist the VA in developing project packages, including market research, statement of work (SOW) and performance work statement (PWS).
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project.
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule and recommend ways to resolve.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Apprise management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
- Assess variances from the project plan and develop recommendations as necessary to ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives.
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with VA Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- Produce high quality technical documents (technical writing skills), including AutoCAD drawings.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience.
- Proficient using AutoCAD.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Must be a US citizen or GreenCard Holder per contract requirements
Experience supporting large data centers.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.