Field Technician Chesapeake, VA
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a dynamic Field Technician to provide on-site customer (FAA) installations, upgrades and modifications in support of both existing and new hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within the area of responsibility. This is a full time position headquartered in Chesapeake, VA with near continuous travel throughout the continental United States. Must successfully obtain/complete a Public Trust background check accepted by the FAA.
• Perform a variety of installation functions for premises cabling systems such as Ethernet, CAT5, CAT6 and fiber optic, associated with the Federal Aviation Administration Air Traffic Control Systems.
• Installation of equipment, cable tray, seismic anchoring systems, and floor tile cutouts.
• Provide roving site support installation services as well as assisting in the development and ensuring adherence to area-wide procedural/policy changes.
• Achieve day to day objectives consisting of tasks that are typically routine, with some deviation from standard practice or procedure.
• Provide on-site customer (FAA) installations, upgrades and modifications in support of both existing and new hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within the area of responsibility.
• High School diploma or equivalent experience/combined education with additional technical training equivalent to a technical associate's degree with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• Works well under moderate supervision for routine task.
• Ability to resolve Routine problems and issues, without clearly prescribed solutions.
• Checks and makes minor adjustments to work methods to solve problems.
• Communicates with colleagues and customer within own project/work area to obtain or provide information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
• Has substantial understanding of job requirements and overall function.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a corporate card for business travel.
• Must be able to continuously travel to perform installations throughout the United States.
• Must have the ability to lift and carry forty pounds.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to work in dim lighting.
• Ability to follow installation instructions to the finest detail.
• FAA site installation experience is a plus. Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a public Trust background check.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a corporate travel card.