Job Requisition:Airborne Sensor Operator
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an Airborne Sensor Operator that will support a SOPAC manned ISR program
that will be based OCONUS. The program will provide aircrew for an ISR aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data
for both real-time and after-action analysis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for routine and dynamic target area assessment using full motion video while
providing analysis and distribution of multi-source information via on-board aircraft communications systems. Candidate
will possess a combination of maturity, skill and experience to function safely and effectively as an aircrew member in a
tactical ISR environment. Selected candidates may be required to operate ELINT, E/O IR, and/or other airborne sensors
and communications equipment.
The successful candidate will also be required to execute all assigned preflight, flight, and post flight duties as required
to safely and effectively operate an assigned sensor suite supporting a variety of SOPAC missions. This includes,
mission planning, pre-briefings, mission system inspection, operation, troubleshooting, post-flight inspections, debriefings,
intelligence product preparation and distribution, and mission documentation. Candidate may also assist with performing
sensor upgrades and maintenance.
Qualifications - External
Candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree (or 4 years of experience / military training in lieu of a degree) and a minimum of 4 years’
experience or 700 flight hours as an aircrew member on a multi-place military or government ISR contract aircraft.
- Must possess excellent CRM skills, and be able to apply ORM principles, and willing to deploy for rotations of at least 90
days to various OCONUS operating locations as directed by the Government.
- Must show demonstrable interpretation and analysis experience with one or more of the following sensor systems: SAR,
ELINT, E/O-IR FMV.
- Must be able to successfully accomplish airborne mission / flight operations, mapping operations and image analysis,
and be able to travel for training.
- Be able to obtain a passport and or visa to travel internationally, as well as travel for long periods of time, work long hours
and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Be able to proficiently operate assigned sensors while airborne for extended periods, and willing to work in Hardship and
- Have or be able to obtain a FAA Class II medical certificate or military equivalent, and be able to successfully complete
altitude chamber / physiological training.
- Must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course, which requires compliance with
certain medical standards, a successful deployment physical examination, immunizations, and training.
- Previous ICS communication experience required.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Previous ISR and or instructor/evaluator experience in a combat environment is desired.
- Previous KUSS, PRC-117, VORTEX, data link experience desired.
- Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground communication coordination experience desired.
- Previous JTAC or SOPAC ISR mission/intelligence product support experience.
- MX-15/20/25 experience.
- Previous ISR Warden experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader
working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the
defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health
markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro
forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the
fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the
recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed
Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business
(IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
The company's diverse employees support vital missions
for government and commercial customers. Qualified
women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal