Job Requisition:Business Analyst/ Product Owner
Leidos is seeking a Business Analyst/ Product Owner that works as part of the development teams on a large federal enterprise IT system in Bethesda, MD. The BA/PO is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in grants management, healthcare and biomedical research to elicit and define business processes and requirements for grants related tools, solutions and services used by multiple federal agencies.
• Gather business requirements while learning the business processes, understanding operational functions, and producing analysis and requirements documentation to properly portray current As-Is and To-Be business models.
• Lead elicitation and business process analysis sessions with agencies and their representatives to identify their business needs from the grant management system and business process perspectives. Representatives will be of varying managements and operational roles.
• Document requirements in the form of epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
• Verify business processes and requirements with stakeholders and development teams using various communication tools including wireframes, mockups, business flow diagrams and presentations.
• Manage and prioritize the user requirements backlog to effectively manage scope in collaboration with stakeholders, development teams, product owners and eRA management.
• Support the development team through the entire development lifecycle to ensure agency business needs are properly implemented and satisfy their business processes.
• Performance of quality assurance software testing, acceptance criteria verification and check-out/smoke test processes using automated testing and scripting tools.
• Support various teams in the preparation and delivery of user acceptance testing and training.
• Assist in project planning activities including the development of approach concepts and level of effort estimates.
• Support agile development processes including requirements review, grooming and road-map planning sessions in coordination with team leads and product owners.
• Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, IT Management or related field plus 5 years of related work experience as a business analyst/ product owner.
- Experience in defining business requirements focused on the customer experience
- Experience using agile techniques for requirements elicitation, software testing, quality assurance processes, and writing technical documentation
- Experience in working in a scaled agile/scrum environment managing requirements, backlogs and roadmaps of multiple projects and products
- Experience working with agile development teams. Demonstrated experience with creating and managing epics, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience engaging in business process analysis, understanding the customer’s business process requirements, and capable of translating those business requirements into business and technical documentation and specifications.
- Knowledge of the federal grants management business processes and policies, and grants management systems supporting those processes.
- Experience with SQL/Oracle database systems, Atlassian Jira and Confluence
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to explain grants management policies, processes, and technical information clearly and accurately.
• Ability to converse on grants business and system requirements, support requirements analysis sessions covering the grants management lifecycle with various level of representation across Grants, Program and Financial Management offices within federal Agencies
• Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to advise on the efficient design and development of grants management services and solutions.
• 2+ years of relevant experience in federal grants management system development
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.