This position will be a part of a team of network engineers responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure.
This position will work with senior network engineers on various technical projects. This could include but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations and relocations.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple network environments.
- Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Document engineering standards, supports the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging network technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effectively complete individual projects and tasks with some oversight.
- BS degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience preferred or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor networks
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on routing protocols BGP,ERGIP, and OSPF. Knowledge configuring GRE and IPSEC Tunnels.
- Physically capable to lift 25lbs.
- Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, What’s Gold, Solarwinds, etc.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies and 802.1x
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance w/Poly is required
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and physiological screening.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.