Currently, we have an opportunity in Framingham, MA for an Associate Distribution Engineer with 0-2 years of experience in investor-owned utility and/or utility consulting company design engineering. The candidate must have a strong background in utility distribution design work package development including, but not limited to overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages. Additional experience in utility distribution construction and/or construction supervision preferred. This design experience must include complex overhead and underground distribution projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, identification of conflicting utilities, engineering and design calculations, and work permit development. Candidate must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians.
• Designing of overhead, URD, re-conductoring and asset replacement projects
• Underground cable/conduit distribution projects in urban and rural environments
• Maintaining compliance within client engineering and construction specification
• Identification of conflicting utilities
• Performing engineering and design calculations and work permit development.
• Maintain quality control and safe work practices and while maintaining compliance within the project scope, schedule and budget
Leidos is a future-focused solutions provider utilities consistently come to for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country and a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our portfolio includes large energy projects for utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients, as well as working with an established group of industry-leading construction partners. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by ENR: Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Minimum of 0-2 years of experience with electric utility distribution design and/or construction projects. Candidates with experience that exceeds the listed requirements may be considered for a higher level position.
Field work will be required which will require the following:
1) Ability to walk two miles
2) Ability to swing a 5 lb. hammer
3) Ability to stake poles
4) Open to overnight travel / travel in general