Leidos is actively interviewing for an Environmental Engineer to support our team at Kirtland AFB, NM.
Provide recommendations on test events in regards to environmental compliance and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). Monitor and review operations and proposed construction projects to assure compliance with published environmental criteria. Conducts appraisals, field inspections, and follow-up activities of environmental and safety programs at test sites, and other sites, to determine effectiveness and compliance with all established environmental regulations and policies. Provide estimates for the demolition of damaged structures and clean-up of any hazardous areas. Calibrate and maintain various gas sensors and Photoionization detectors (PIDs). Develop and conduct environmental training. Develop training plans, and conduct training to ensure environmental compliance responsibilities.
- Coordinating with government customers on a routine basis to recommend environmental and NEPA compliance of future tests
- Inspecting test sites to ensure compliance with environmental and safety requirements
- Planning and conducting environmental training
- Conducting calibration of gas sensors and PIDs
- Communicating of test results in both oral and written formats
- Providing environmental oversight and guidance to a test team
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering with four years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety
- Capable of wearing a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) (approximately 50 lbs.) while performing inspections of underground tunnels and target structures
- Knowledge of government test procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to lift test articles weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment
- Ability to obtain the following certifications:
- -OSHA CFR 29 Confined Space Training
- -OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response, HAZWOPER regulation, 29 CFR 1910.120
- U.S. citizen
- Secret clearance, eligible for Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance
- Project Management Professional
- Knowledge of Countering WMD chemical threats or CBRN threats
- Top Secret clearance
- CPR, First Aid, First Responder Certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.