Job Requisition:Scrum Master
Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Software Development Scrum Master, to manage and lead the software engineering team to design, code, test, and execute software products to meet software delivery goals in our Arlington, VA office. The Software Development Scrum Master supports and enforces the scrum process in a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
You will work closely with the chief architect, systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
• Lead a software development team while managing risks, escalating impediments, and helping to drive continuous process improvement.
• Coordinate with Product Owners, Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, Program Management and other feature development teams.
• Need significant experience in software design, development, documentation, integration, debugging and testing.
• Managing/guiding/directing software engineers in the execution of software development functions ensuring compliance with program and functional processes for the entire software development cycle.
• Work with multiple feature development teams to meet both sprint and release commitments and milestones.
• Lead and facilitate peer code reviews
• Manage source code (e.g. gitlab) requests such as merges, branching, and tagging; work with configuration management, assess unit tests, etc.
• Own the scrum lifecycle, which includes managing progress blockers, removing impediments, communicating progress to plans and coaching teams to correctly apply agile development principles.
• Forecast the number of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
• Contribute to the feature team's design, development, documentation and testing of new enhancements to the system.
• Develop and maintain D3P software components, and on occasion write code and scripting where necessary; creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product.
• Lead and mentor more junior members of the team in the performance of project tasks.
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience with at least 8+ years in software engineering/development – developing software applications (6+ years with a MS/MIS Degree)
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance and able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Previous experience leading a software team, engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations
• At least 2+ years’ experience as scrum master for software development team
• Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
• Experience with facilitating scrum for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
• Experience providing scrum reports (burndown charts, velocity, etc.)
• Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
• Ability to track and produce key metrics
• Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, and React
• Experience with database systems, search engines, model view controller (MVC); web applications
• Experience in a Linux Red Hat and Centos environment
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
It would be great if you have specific experiences and skills with the following (preferred):
• Software development experience in a microservices architecture and message-based subscription service
• Experience as a software development lead or manager
• Knowledge of other scrum approaches, such as Kanban, XP, etc.
• Experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
• Software configuration management
• CompTIA Security+
More about the PROGRAM:
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. We are looking for you to have a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability. Have a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. Be a motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems engineering and software development related issues.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.