Job Requisition:Data Scientist SME
Leidos' Public Health Division is seeking a Data Scientist SME for our Atlanta, GA office. Fulfill the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) requirement for a self-motivated and detail-oriented data scientist to provide effective and innovative data science solutions.
To provide consultation and expertise on data science and data analytics related projects. To provide support for implementing projects that require predictive analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
This task requires the following:
1) Designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources
2) Develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, querying and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate datasets and models complex business problems
3) Is familiar with disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing
4) Works with cross-discipline teams in order to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems
5) Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations
6) May develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance
7) Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies
8) performing other analytical and data related duties, as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree and 17 years of experience. Master's degree, with 15 years’ experience is required or PhD with 13 years of experience is required.
Required Skills: * Statistical programming experience using SAS, R or STATA. *Technical experience with predictive analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Must be able to provide subject matter expertise and leadership for the implementation of projects.
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
US Citizenship require-must be able to obtain and maintain a Public trust government security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.