Job Requisition:ServiceNow Expert Developer (HAM/SAM)
Leidos currently has an opening for an Expert Developer to work remotely from your home office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) mission. The mission of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Service Management Office (SMO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available and cost-effective information technology services. SMO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
An Expert Developer must create software development plans and strategies. Must be have experience in developing and implementing algorithms. Must have experience in database design. Oversee work of developers. Conduct quality control of software development. Conduct proactive risk identification and mitigation of software development process. Must have experience in devising possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options; working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program; combining all elements of the program design and testing it; testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended.
Under the general management supervision, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Work closely with business and IT teams to gather input to support ongoing business needs for Service Now configuration, implementation and support
- Working with multiple projects simultaneously and completing project activities in a way that minimizes project risks and issues in a client services organization.
- Understand requirements from the process owners and translate them into functional and technical requirements.
- Proactively researching and suggesting enhancements to existing engagements
- Collaborate with ITSM process owners to design, develop, test and implement development solutions.
- Follow, maintain and apply documentation best practice policies, procedures and process throughout ServiceNow development.
- Assist with simplification and standardization of Tools and Processes.
- Develop custom workflows utilizing modern web technologies.
- Configure out of the box workflows and create/maintain custom workflows.
- Integrate ServiceNow applications with 3rd party partners.
- Design and develop solutions that leverage ServiceNow modules like ITSM, ITOM, ITBM, Discovery, CMDB, and Knowledge
- Responsible for the design and build of ServiceNow Applications and integration to other applications and platforms; including architecture, languages, best practices and methodologies in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Developing user friendly catalog items with experience writing orchestration workflows
- Utilizes available programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- Design and implement solutions following established policies and standards.
- Support data migration as needed, integrate data from multiple data sources into a unified CMDB, ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained.
- Ensuring the security architecture is consistent with federal standards and industry best practice
- Collaborating with the Solutions Architect to support ServiceNow out of box and customized solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 15 years of professional experience; or 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to be a self-starter, pay strict attention to detail, and multitask across multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Facilitate requirements discussions with internal and external stakeholders and third-party contributors in support of lead project managers.
- Experience creating and managing project documentation per project goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience in Agile concepts, development, and testing methodology as applies to operating in Scrum teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good understanding of ITIL.
- MUST have experience in Hardware and Software Asset Management (HAM, SAM) modules.
- MUST have experience with Application and Technology Portfolio Management (APM, TPM) modules.
- MUST hold ServiceNow System Administrator certification at a minimum. (CSA.)
- MUST have extensive experience with Event Management (EM) and integrations.
- Experience in the implementation, administration, maintenance and enhancements of ServiceNow.
- Hands-on experience with one or more implementation of ServiceNow ITSM, ITBM, or ITOM is required.
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform including creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request, Service Catalog, Asset, CMDB Management, etc.
- Experience developing custom applications within ServiceNow platform.
- Experience developing ServiceNow APIs, ServiceNow Workflows, UI Pages, UI Macros, Business Scripts, Client Scripts, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Policies, Script Includes, and Security Rules (ACLs).
- Experience building custom automation workflows and development of customized modules
- Experience with migration from legacy toolsets into ServiceNow
- Experience with ServiceNow upgrades.
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems through SOAP or REST web services.
- Experience using Orchestrator and Workflow Editor to configure workflows and automate tasks.
- Additional ServiceNow certifications a plus!
- Assist establishing coding standards to help with consistency.
- Integration experience (REST, SOAP, JSON/XML).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.