Job Requisition:Manager, Data Privacy
Leidos is seeking a Manager, Data Privacy to support its compliance with U.S. and global privacy laws and to help implement Privacy by Design into our business. This position will help drive the ongoing design, enhancement, and maintenance of Leidos’ global data protection program.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team in a large global organization!
Responsibilities will include:
- Administering Data Mapping Questionnaires, Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and Data Protection Impact Assessments (PIAs/DPIAs) (together, “Assessments”) through the use of a global privacy management software platform configured for Leidos
- Reviewing responses to Assessments to identify potential privacy-related risks, as well as gaps in data protection compliance
- Overseeing a small team of Assessors by providing guidance and training, helping to organize workflows and prioritizing Assessments
- Maintaining knowledge of applicable privacy/data protection laws, regulations, and standards
- Monitoring advancements in information privacy technology
- Working closely with the Global Privacy Office (GPO) Program Manager and IT Services team on the functioning and operations of the global privacy management platform
- Developing and delivering privacy/data protection training and awareness programs to improve employee education and awareness across the entire company
- Reviewing Business Associate Agreements (BAAs), Data Processing Agreements (DPAs), Data Transfer Agreements (DTAs) and similar data protection/privacy-related contract terms
- Flagging contractual obligations and escalating when necessary
- Incorporating privacy and data protection terms into RFPs and contracts
- Participating as a member of the incident response team, along with colleagues in other functions
- Assisting with the implementation of policies, notices and guidance related to privacy and data protection
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years’ experience as a privacy/data protection subject matter expert, with hands-on experience performing Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs), data mapping assessments and/or Privacy Threshold Analyses (PTAs). Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Strong experience in implementing complex, enterprise-wide projects across a number of functions and teams
- Solid knowledge of and familiarity with U.S. and EU privacy and data security laws, regulations and standards, including HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, U.S. state and federal privacy, data security, breach notification, consumer protection and employment-related privacy laws, regulations and proposed legislation
- One or more CIPP certifications
- Proven experience translating legal requirements into actionable tasks
- Strong academic credentials
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize under tight time constraints
- Self-motivated and independent, but able to discern when matters should be escalated and when further guidance is needed
- Proven track record developing and sustaining strong partnerships within an organization
- Knowledge of data classification, data mapping and data management methodologies
- Knowledge of Australian privacy laws and regulatory guidance
- Prior experience working for a federal government contractor
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.