The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Information Systems Security Engineer to work at our Annapolis Junction location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected individual will become part of a team of Security Engineers working on solving challenging issues on a nationally significant defense program. The position requires a solid understanding of security practices and policies as well as hands-on vulnerability testing experience. The program makes heavy use Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), cryptographic encryption, and cross domain solution technology. The selected individual will collaborate with other engineers and technical experts in providing improvements to our operational, test, integration, and development systems.
• Work closely with System Engineering, Test Engineering, and Integration teams to ensure that the hardware and software architecture and implementation meets the security requirements for processing classified information.
• Assess system implementation against multiple security compliance policies.
• Evaluate the impact of new development on the operational security posture of the system.
• Evaluate, review, and test security-critical software.
• Propose, assess, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
• Audit and assess system security configuration settings using common methodologies and tools.
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet customer specified requirements for processing classified information.
• Provide configuration management for security-relevant information system software.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in security architecture. Provide advice to customer and program team.
• Formulate security compliance requirements for new system features.
• Identify security issues throughout the system and make recommendations to remediate those issues.
• Support risk assessment, risk management, security control assessment, continuous monitoring, service design, and general IA program support functions.
• Work with development teams to enrich understanding of different types of vulnerabilities, attack vectors and remediation approaches.
• Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, or related field and at least 12 years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant professional experience may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
• Must have experience formulating and assessing IT security policy.
• Must have experience with penetration testing tools.
• Must have experience with scripting languages.
• DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level III or higher required.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of and experience with common security tools, including Nessus, NMAP and Wireshark hardware/software security implementation, communication protocol, encryption techniques/tools, and web services.
• Must have experience with secure configurations of commonly used desktop and server operating systems.
• Must have direct experience interfacing with software developers, software testers, integration, deployment, and/or sustainment personnel.
• Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
• Must be a solutions-oriented team player, and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
• Must be a good communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ten (10) years of experience with Defense in Depth Principals/technology (including access control, authorization, identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, network and enterprise security architecture) and applying risk assessment methodology to system development.
• Experience developing/implementing integrated security services management processes, such as assessing and auditing network penetration testing, anti-virus planning assistance, risk analysis, and incident response.
• Experience providing information assurance support for application development that includes system security certifications and project evaluations for firewalls that encompass the development, design, and implementation.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.