Job Requisition:Sr. Power Systems Engineer
This NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos provides support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Power Services Group (PSG) under the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC).
The PSG Planning Team provides program management to sustain the FAA power systems and cable infrastructure to maintain and improve the overall electrical power quality, reliability, and availability to the National Air-Space (NAS).
The sustainment programs replace and refurbish the FAA NAS electrical power systems that condition, generate, distribute, and regulate power, as well as the components
- Provide engineering consultation for compliance with FAA and industry standards and best practices
- Provide recommendations for solutions in all phases of the system’s lifecycle including: contract, policy, site survey, design and design review, and implementation.
- Be responsible for applying engineering experience theories, best practices, and knowledge to serve as an subject matter expert (SME) for major Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) large-scale program that transform, modernize and sustain the National Airspace System (NAS)
- Play a lead role in performing multiple, varying, and complex assignments
- Be responsible for tracking and developing NAS system requirements and documentation
- Advise on translating requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications
- Prepare and present briefings and recommendations to varied levels of management, and audiences
- Represent the organization and agency in meetings and discussions with representatives of industry, agency advisory committees, and external customers, if required
- Provide analysis and recommend resolution for field issues
- Interpret data including but not limited to inventory, tracking site restoration, tracking installation of system modifications, and tracking resolution of site issues or problems and contribute to reports that focus on maintaining safe, efficient, productive, and cost-effective operation of the NAS
- Plan, monitor, and conduct special projects, studies, and initiatives as requested
- Analyze problems, identify significant risk factors, gather and interpret pertinent data, and apply established rules and procedures in order to recommend effective solutions
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Power engineering experience is a must.
- Other electrical engineering discipline must have knowledge of power systems.
- The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills exhibited through thesis or dissertation papers at academic institutions; white papers, or publications at nationally/internationally recognized technical organizations.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of FAA systems, technical policies, standards and orders.
- Knowledge and direct work experience in power system is a must.
- Experience with some or all of the following are required: short circuit coordination, arc flash studies, engine generator, UPS, grounding, lightning protection.
- Advanced MS office skills, (Word, Excel, PPT) Access, FAA systems and cuff records.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.