Job Requisition:Storage System Engineer
Leidos has an opening for a Storage System Engineer with experience to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
- Collaborate with Program Management to assess and to review the current gaps and deficiencies in the as-is Storage & Backup environment, and take direction from management on sequence and prioritization to close gaps.
- Perform as a Storage Area Network (SAN) Systems Administrator, to manage the installation, operations and maintenance of SAN hardware, software and utilities; to support application software and data; to debug SAN hardware and network issues; to support SAN setup, configuration and operations; and to support performance tuning and capacity planning in an enterprise data center environment.
- Design, plan, implement, support and administer all aspects of SAN Storage, IBM and Hitachi Enterprise Storage Servers/Arrays and Storage Area Networks.
- Provide expert support for systems storage devices such as, but not limited to, Hitachi VSP series, IBM Spectrum Virtualize (SVC) and Brocade fiber switches.
- Provide expert support with information systems security, operations, techniques, and standards in a SAN environment.
- Monitor the performance and provide recommendations to improve the environment using tools such as Spectrum Control (Tivoli Productivity Center) and Brocade Network Advisor.
- Provide recommendations to improve the environment, propose solutions to issues, develop and lead new projects, maintain current documentation, attend scheduled meetings, and implement industry best practices.
- Design and develop operations and maintenance procedures and manuals for key Storage hardware, software, and services.
- Perform rotational after hours (on-call) support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years’ experience with Design, Planning, Implementation, Support and Administrative aspects of: SAN Storage, Unix Operating Systems, Tivoli Storage Manager, IBM SVC, IBM and Hitachi Enterprise Storage Servers/Arrays and Brocade Storage Area Network switches.
- Experience with software products, such as: SAN Volume Controller (Version 8.1), Tivoli Storage Productivity Center (v5.1) Hitachi: Storage Navigator 2, Brocade FOS v7.4 & V8.2. Brocade Network Advisor v14.4
- Ability to communicate effectively to convey information to a diverse audience.
- IBM: Tivoli Storage Manager (Versions 7.1 and 8.1), Tivoli Workload Scheduler (Version 9.1). Installing, Configuring, Administering and Troubleshooting of SAN Storage, UNIX, Windows and Tivoli Storage Manager Servers in a large datacenter environment.
- Experience in the analysis and resolution of complex problems involving SAN Storage, Backup Systems, and Unix/Windows Servers.
- Familiarity with Hitachi 3390 emulation & Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning.
- Experience providing support for SAN support systems such as, but not limited to Windows based SAN administrative servers. TCP/IP network configuration and firewalls.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.