Job Requisition:Spectrum Protect Engineer
Leidos has an opening for a Spectrum Protect Engineer with experience to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
- Provide Backup/Recovery administration support
- Scheduling and monitoring backups, performing problem determination on failed backups, reporting monthly measurements and managing storage capacity
- Making recommendations to improve the environment, propose solutions to issues in a planned timeline, maintaining current documentation, attending scheduled meetings, and hardware/software resource management
- Provide rotational after hours and on-call support for functional area
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 3-5 years of experience with full life-cycle management/operations of reliable large scale Spectrum Protect infrastructure
- Command line operations experience with Spectrum Protect servers, clients, and Oracle TDPs
- Experience installing, upgrading, and configuring Spectrum Protect server, client, and Oracle TDPs code on AIX, Linux, and Windows
- Ability to perform basic AIX, Linux, and Windows operating system commands to troubleshoot and remediate Spectrum Protect issues
- Command line operations experience with IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler (or another external scheduling tool) for managing Spectrum Protect backups, administrative functions, and other automation
- Experience operating Spectrum Protect infrastructure in multiple simultaneous geographic locations
- Tivoli Storage Manager 8.1.7
- HW: IBM TS3500 and IBM 3592 library and drive systems
- Ability to work with and collaborate across multiple teams
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships
- Ability to work independently with customers
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate issues
- Ability to be proactive
- Ability and desire to learn new skills
- Ability to simplify, streamline, and improve service delivery
- Ability to write simple to moderately complex Unix/Windows scripts
- Ability to identify basic network routing and firewall issues
- Familiarity with SAN, Vmware, and Cloud infrastructure
- Accountable for strong individual, team, and customer performance
- Accountable for customer satisfaction
- Accountable for always available error free delivery of service
- Accountable for working in a 24X7 environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.