Job Requisition:DevOps Tester/Manager
The Spatial Solutions Groups at Leidos currently has an opening for a Tester to work in our Gaithersburg, Maryland office. This is an exciting opportunity supporting our program mission to deliver the next generation of Geospatial Intelligence technologies to our customer. On program, Leidos provides software (SW) development solutions to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) through the delivery of SAFe/Agile-based scrum teams. This includes COTS/GOTS/FOSS integration, SW development, and integrated SW DevOps support to manage, sustain and efficiently deploy baselines at multiple security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments.
We test at multiple levels of classification. Although our program culture offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework, this position requires an onsite presence at one of our three sites (Gaithersburg MD [preferred], Chantilly VA and Springfield VA) at least 3 days a week.
Duties will include:
- Technical planning and verification and validation
- Performing integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Generating test data in multiple environments.
- Embedded participation in SAFe Agile development team, providing test/quality insight and guidance to team members and Product Management team.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (Program Increment Planning, Scrum, Retrospectives, Backlog Refinement, etc.)
- Author test cases based on user stories
- Verify user story acceptance criteria
- Support program testing events - run regression testing, patch validation, OPS deployment checkouts and analyze test results and work with team to provide solutions
- Create/procure test data
- Troubleshoot software issues when they arise, and report defects.
- Developing and implementing scripts and automated test scripts and evaluating test results
- Manage a small desktop of 2-3 employees to include timecard approval, performance assessments, career development
- Active TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with polygraph post hire
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or
- BS degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience OR; 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree
- Experience supporting Agile development team, and understanding of Agile methodologies and practices
- Experience analyzing user stories, and writing test plans (functional and regression) to verify user stories
- Experience running test plans and reporting findings
- Experience troubleshooting software and writing thorough defects
- Experience authoring user stories
- Experience in test automation using Selenium
- Ability to function in fast paced atmosphere, and support testing in a Continuous Integration environment across multiple baselines/environments
- Strong knowledge of DevOps tools and processes
- Experience using Agile tracking tools, preferably Jira and Confluence
- Experience in utilizing diverse metrics to drive team improvement
- Experience with Geospatial exploitation tools: RemoteView Pro, SocetGXP, ENVI, ArcGIS
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with a test management tool (qTest, HP ALM, etc.)
- Experience with test automation or coding/scripting
- Geospatial/GIS familiarity
- Database/schema familiarity
- Experience identifying/championing process improvements
- Experience testing web applications, and use of browser-based test tools
- Security+ certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.