Job Requisition:Release and Deployment Manager
The Defense group at Leidos is seeking a strong candidate to serve as the GSM-O DISA Storefront (DSF) Release and Deployment manager in Columbia, MD. This is a telework opportunity with 10% travel to Ft. Meade as needed. Must be in driving distance to Ft. Meade to come into office as needed.
The candidate will work with the DISA customer and other DISA Storefront Team members to help create and implement a release and deployment management plan for the critical DSF deliveries. The candidate will play an instrumental role in creating the release ad deployment approach for DSF. The candidate will work with the customer and the engineering team to validate the inter-dependencies of the various deployments plans and set release schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed knowledge of product backlog, consolidating inputs from multiple stakeholder sources into an organized, prioritized list for development and release
- Proactively drives and coordinates product releases, soliciting and managing relevant artifacts from development, Information Assurance, and test teams to coordinate with government Project Management Office Change Control Board
- Uses Atlassian toolsuite to track, manage, and report on Production bugs, requested enhancements, and releases
- Utilizes detailed understanding of DSF Tech Stack to inform stakeholders of Level of Effort estimated for different types of enhancements and fixes
- Ensures prompt delivery of artifacts and information in response to inquiries from stakeholders across the Storefront estate
- Analyzes dependencies between component SDLC activities to inform project schedule maintenance, work estimation, and project proposal efforts
- Represents the Development and Sustainment Engineering teams to internal and external stakeholders as a functional expert on the DISA Storefront portfolio of solutions
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with multiple teams to accomplish project objectives
- 5-10 years of experience working on software development projects as a member of Agile teams
- Familiarity with PMBOK project management principles and working Agile delivery methods into traditional project delivery frameworks
- Working knowledge of Scrum best practices; Scrum certification preferred
- Expertise in use of SDLC management tools. Atlassian Jira and Confluence a plus.
- Ability to lead customer-facing product improvement Kaizans, Sprint Review ceremonies, and training/product release sessions
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.