Job Requisition:EOSH Professional / Industrial Hygienist (Asbestos expertise)
he Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOSH) Professional / Industrial Hygienist (with asbestos experience) to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Services Group (AJW-23) for Air Traffic Organization (ATO) by providing Subject Matter Expertise to gather and track progress at FAA storage facilities used to contain lead, asbestos, and other hazardous materials.
Activities may include gathering facility information, tracking facility improvement progress, report generation, and communicating with FAA personnel at facilities.
The position will be located in the Washington DC commuting area.
Primary Responsibilities for the role include:
- Obtain, update, and track facility information pertaining to asbestos, lead, or other hazardous materials.
- Assist with prioritizing projects and field needs.
- Interact with many levels of professionals: SECMs, SSCMs, TOMs, PIMs, engineers, EOSH professionals, and other field personnel for project information and tracking purposes.
- Provide technical assistance in developing statements of work, project entries for the FAA Corporate Work Plan, sampling strategies, and other OSH project needs.
- Perform site visits and create trip reports.
- Review and critique documents. Compare to Federal, state, and local regulations, including consensus standards where applicable.
- Arrange and attend meetings and telecons with stakeholders. Prepare agendas, documents, and other items to support these functions.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Bachelor of science degree (4-years) from an accredited college/university
- Industrial hygiene experience
- Asbestos experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- FAA experienced strongly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.