Job Requisition:Software Data Engineer
The Leidos Innovation Center is seeking a Software/Data Engineer to architect an API Gateway supporting our national security customers in Bethesda, MD. Our Leidos team delivers large-scale applications and integrated systems to assist our customers in architecting platforms that enable reliable and scalable access to their data through both user interfaces as well as through standard interfaces. As a Software/Data Engineer you be responsible for application integration across the enterprise to enable access to or submission of heterogeneous data, exposure of analytic services through standard interfaces, and integration with external partners. In this role you will work with an amazing team of data scientists, data engineers, and clients that will define the requirements that drive the API strategy. The individual in this position needs to be knowledgeable in distributed application architectures, to include APIs, web services, microservices, and asynchronous event protocols.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
• Architect, build, and manage API’s supporting on premise and cloud platform environments such as AWS.
• Contribute to the conceptual and physical design of application integration using APIs and events
• Develop and test an API gateway that makes it easy for developers to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale
• Develop and test runtime execution of APIs
• Prototyping and demonstrate concepts when necessary (e.g. mock-client apps
• Assist in integration, QA, and performance tests
• Assist in production setup, monitoring and rollout to partners
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications with at least 6 years of experience in software development
• Must possess a TS security clearance and be able to obtain a DoD TS/SCI clearance
• At least 1 year of experience in developing REST services using Java or Python or Node.js
• Experience delivering APIs for external partners and integrating with external vendors
• Able to implement processes and troubleshoot to continue to improve operational stability
• Experience with GitHub or GitLab
• Understanding of DevOps processes
• Strong communication, interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience as part of Agile SW team
• Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and Jenkins
• Experience with Elasticsearch and logging framework
• Experience with Apache JMeter or Blazemeter
• Experience working in AWS Commercial and/or AWS GovCloud for at least 2 years
• Experience tuning high-volume applications
• Knowledgeable in security protocols such as SAML and OAuth
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.