Job Requisition:Data Entry Technician (Houston, TX)
This position is in support of the United States Attorney’s Office in Houston, TX, at 1000 Louisiana. The estimated length of this assignment is expected to be through May 31, 2020 with the potential SIX (6) one year extension(s). The Employee will provide a variety of direct legal support assistance services to service the AUSA staff.
The Contractor is responsible for directly and independently supporting one of more program areas by providing a wide variety of administrative and data entry functions. Work requires knowledge of office skills, personaI computers, scanners, copy and fax machines, and an ability to work as a team member and facilitate work processes among other staff members.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
• Entering information into various division databases.
• Generating form letter and/or court documents.
• Sorts, arranges and files various documents.
• Reviewing information on the federal district court's electronic case filing database, civil and/or criminal files, or other reference materials
• Generate legal notices of case events.
• Produce a variety of written documents and material utilizing a wide range of office software applications.
• Report task progress via email, telephone, fax and/or in person.
• Performs other miscellaneous tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office setting.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in n courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to use MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat Professional or other department specific databases (i.e. VNS, CDCS. FMIS, E2 Travel) or similar applications/databases.
- 1-2 years of general data entry experience to include experience operating an alphanumeric keyboard.
- Must have experience operating a variety of office automation equipment and personal computers.
- Must have ability to work independently and be detail oriented.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED Certificate required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, preferred.
- Experience in Human Resources, helpful.
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Data Entry2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.