Job Requisition:Senior Program Manager
Seeking motivated, detailed, organized senior level candidate to serves as the Senior Program Manager to support the programmatic tasks for the CDC Influenza Division. Duties include, but are not limited to, development of general tasks, project and activity plans, progress monitoring plans, issue resolution and risk mitigation plans, and user acceptability of completed products, services or deliverables. The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring the technical proficiency and productivity of staff and the quality of the task deliverables, provide status reports and deliverables as directed with allowances for special out of cycle reporting as needed to effectively communicate critical issues or special achievement and must demonstrate sound scientific direction and support on-site to junior scientist, communicate results to the COR and subject matter experts in the laboratory, address conflicts within teams, and conduct literature reviews to support the work performed by junior level scientists. Some travel, both domestic and international, may be required to support certain PM work. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The selected candidate will assist the Senior Program Manager located in Atlanta, GA in responsibilities requiring the candidate to establish a communications plan for internal and external partners/program areas; provide technical expertise to support contractors; establish a Task Management Plan to capture how the Project Managers are managing the tasks to complete and reporting to the COR and SME and concerns and when completed; support task performance in collaboration with program activity managers and shall provide reports and deliverables according to the schedule with allowances for special out of cycle reporting as mentioned above.
Specific activities include, but not limited to:
- Arrangement of a kick-off meeting to discuss project/activity/task plans with COR, CO, program leadership and other subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Assist with coordination and tracking of multidisciplinary projects that involve multiple teams. Specific roles in project management include both development and tracking of the progress and budget.
- Will manage a team of life scientists and have budgetary responsibilities.
- Aid the Influenza Division and CDC Branch Chiefs by producing Gantt charts, track specific deliverables, monitor spending, and communicating data across teams. Some projects will involve regulatory clearance, manufacturing of diagnostics, and development of influenza vaccine viruses.
- Track special projects that result from CRADA’s or new pilot projects for the branch including tracking progress on developing data, diagnostics and vaccine viruses in outbreak and or pandemic responses.
- Provide on-going evaluation of task work quality and timeliness.
- Develop and update a Task and Activity plan that captures the work each contractor is performing and how it aligns with the contract.
- Correspond with internal and external collaborators to determine innovative approaches.
- Work with team members in problem identification and recommend enhancements to task approach.
- Participate in the preparation of information for peer-reviewed journals and scientific conferences and meetings to increase the current influenza research and surveillance community body of knowledge.
- Senior level (MS with 10+ years’ experience or PhD with 7-10+ years’ experience) with a background in Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Immunology, Virology, Genetics, and other related life science backgrounds.
- Experience with developing reports and presentations
- Experience with managing teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Project -Knowledge of communications, risk management, and change management
- PMP Certification
- Must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Security Clearance
- CDC customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- Experience interacting with high-level Federal, state, and local public health officials and response agencies
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Life Scientist2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.