Job Requisition:DevOps Automation Engineer (Master)
- Recommending and implementing automation solutions
- Follow incident management and change management protocols and processes
- Storing all application code, system configuration, infrastructure code, and deployment scripts in version control
- Automate the creation of compute environments in cloud or on premise using technologies such as CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef and their interactions with Linux and Windows OS virtual machines
- Help identify and bridge gaps in best practice implementation between product development, development operations and infrastructure teams
- Setup and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines using GITLab
- Build and deploy compute containers for front-end applications using Docker and kubernetes
- Work in an Agile environment using the Atlassian toolset
- Deploy multi-tier application and provide continual operational support
- Build database infrastructure including RDS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and, Hadoop
- Troubleshooting and triaging problems including performance issues.
- Experience administrating and supporting development in an AWS cloud environment
- Fluent in DevOps and automation build/deployment best practices; including orchestration of layers of automated tools to achieve various end goals within the same environment
- Demonstrated hands-on experience supporting development teams through alignment to best practice, engaging transition of legacy applications to automated deployment
- Experience in container orchestration using Docker, Vangrant and Kubernetes
- Understands configuration management tools such as Jenkins, GITLab Bitbucket, and Artifactory.
- Strong knowledge with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian suite of tools
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD integration using GitLab, Jenkins, Bitbucket
- Hands on Linux and Windows Domain administration
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience working in a SAFe framework
- Experience supporting nested account AWS environments and architectures
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.