Job Requisition:Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant (EA) supports the C4ISR Operation Manager (OM), a Senior Vice President in Reston, VA. The selected candidate will report to and support the administrative functions for the OM including action item and calendar management, logistics for meetings and special events, creation of presentations, handling all arrangements for trips and expenses, processing invoices and taking action on behalf of the OM in accordance with company policies and procedures. The EA will also be responsible for purchasing office supplies, answering telephone calls, printing, filing, copying, handling the mail, preparing correspondence, compiling weekly reports, meeting minutes and other office communications, as well as special projects as assigned. The EA will use their judgment, knowledge and experience to make administrative decisions, resolve issues and elevate issues to the appropriate areas in a timely manner with careful regard for confidentiality. They will also provide administrative support to the Operation senior staff on a secondary basis.
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasing responsible nature including at a senior/executive level.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration desired.
- Be a highly organized professional with strong attention to detail and follow through with the ability to handle multiple, complex tasks and establish priorities.
- Have excellent analytical problem solving skills with ability to leverage experience to anticipate, identify, and resolve problems or obstacles resourcefully with diplomacy and efficiency.
- Have the ability to work independently without significant guidance, ability to work with executive staff in a proactive manner and exercise good judgment, taking initiative when necessary.
- Possess highly effective interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and able to interface professionally at all levels within and outside the Company.
- Possess an advanced level of knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Possess demonstrated experience working with confidential information and ensure sensitive information is not shared inappropriately.
- Knowledge of the Leidos organization, policies, and procedures, Group, and Operation/Division.
- Experience with Corporate systems such as: Concur Travel and Expense system, collaboration sites (SharePoint), financial/procurement systems.
- Ability to work outside of the core schedule as needed periodically to assist with special projects.
Key Skills for Success in this role:
- A proven record of excellent quality performance with a positive take-charge presence.
- Proven ability to make independent and effective decisions that solve problems and meet deadlines with limited time and information.
- A high level of professionalism with an ability to remain calm under pressure, juggle multiple responsibilities and priorities, and protect confidentiality of sensitive information while supporting executives.
- Be a dedicated and enthusiastic individual, and have a strong desire to handle new challenges.
- An ability to maintain a flexible outlook and schedule with the willingness to accept additional assignments as needed.
- The ability to work with diverse personalities and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of contacts, including other executive assistants.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.