Job Requisition:Information System Security Officer
We are currently seeking an ISSO for our internal Information Assurance Team. We are looking for qualified individuals with 4-8 years of IA/Security experience. The role will sit in Columbia, MD (with minimal travel to other Leidos sites in MD) and we are only considering candidates with an *active* TS/SCI with polygraph Clearance.
The Information Security Officer (ISSO) will provide assistance/guidance for information system security software, hardware, and firmware. Manage changes to systems and assesses the security impact of those changes. Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSP’s), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTM’s). Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP), Risk Management Framework (RMF), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Provide support with the Configuration Management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation of Information Systems
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-today security operations of the system
- Plan and coordinate the IT security programs and policies
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- DoD 8570 Compliance Level II
- Knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools
- Understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST, and ICD standards
- Experience developing technical documentation for SSPs and successfully leading systems through achieving approvals for testing and operation (e.g. Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and Authority to Operate (ATO)). Experience with computer/system security engineering
- Microsoft Windows and UNIX/LINUX experience
- Must be able to work in a constantly changing regulatory environment with short, mid, and long-term timelines for remediating any non-compliance
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Good writing and verbal presentation skills
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
- Experience with:
- virtual machines
- Defense Security Service (DSS) information systems
- NESSUS vulnerability scanner
- Information Assurance, Cyber Security, and Certification & Accreditation experience
- Security hardening scripting/automation experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.