Job Requisition:Senior Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer candidate supports applied research and engineering development of solutions and products in the fields of space and satellite systems, chemical, biological, radiation, and nuclear detection instrumentation from within the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC).
The candidate provides FPGA input during the PCB hardware design phase and is the FPGA/HDL owner of development activities. Work closely with the science and manufacturing departments to facilitate transition of technology from the research stage to full production. Support the PDR, CDR, and TRR phases of a program.
- B.S. degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related field from an accredited college/university. Masters’ degree or higher preferred.
- 12 plus years of experience developing FPGA solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog
- Fluent in Xilinx Virtex7, Zynq7, and UltraScale designs
- HDL testbench design, HDL design verification, regression testing
- Thorough knowledge of FPGA architecture, design optimization, timing closure
- Experience with bring up and debugging activities of custom FPGA based PCBs
- Extensive experience with hardware debuggers, chip-scopes, on-chip simulators and debugging tools of various FPGA vendors
- Experience implementing digital interface standards in FPGA designs (SPI, UART, I2C, USB, Ethernet, 10GbE, PCIe)
- Experience in implementing DSP algorithms such as beamforming, FFTs, peak signal detections with FPGAs
- Experience working with cross functional R&D teams developing embedded hardware for FPGA deployed solutions
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects
- 5-15% travel to customer sites required
- Security clearance at the TOP SECRET level or above
- Experience with Triple Module Redundancy (TMR) for space applications
- Experience with designing FPGAs for spacecraft
- Experience with Electro-optical systems
- Experience implementing interfaces such as Ethernet, Spacewire, GigE Vision, and CameraLink
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers (STM32, SiLabs, TI) is a plus
- Experience with OrCAD and PADS circuit design and layout tools for high speed digital designs is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.