Job Requisition:Chief Cyber Security Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Chief Cybersecurity Engineer with demonstrated experience leading the design, planning, configuration, and implementation of network and cybersecurity actions for effective Cyber Readiness of a U.S. Government Agency.
The Chief Cybersecurity Engineer will provide direction and guidance on the complex technical design, implementation, and network security posture of the Agency’s enterprise network. As the Chief Cybersecurity Engineer, the ideal candidate will lead review, analysis, evaluation, risk assessment, and development of recommendations for telecommunications and network vulnerability management; ensure the appropriate safeguards and cyber security best practices are applied effectively to protect the enterprise networks; and implement and report on compliance against Risk Management Framework (RMF) or DoD IA Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) guidelines.
- Serve as the Leidos primary interface to the Government lead on all matters pertaining to Enterprise Cybersecurity
- Provide technical leadership to evaluate, recommend, design, and integrate new cyber security technology and tools by conducting feasibility studies, proof of concepts, pilot projects, and other research and development initiatives
- Lead the assessment and analysis of organizational progress against existing cyber security strategies as well as identify, implement and maintain new strategies that address the vision, mission and goals of senior leaders
- Provides direction and guidance on RMF compliance and obtain formal government Approval to Operate (ATO) when developing new or updating existing technical designs.
- Provide guidance and direction on assessing enterprise risk exposure through weaknesses in platforms, access controls, and configuration of the enterprise network systems and the data contained within
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, and implementation of IT solutions that protect and monitors the enterprise networks
- Provide guidance and leadership for the development of highly innovative cyber security solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts
- Active TS clearance; ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field
- 15+ years’ overall experience with 10+ years in Information Security or Cybersecurity
- Demonstrated experience leading teams with responsibility for managing security tools such as Nessus, Web Application Firewalls, Network Access Control, Endpoint protection and Security Information and Event Management tools such as ArcSight
- Demonstrated experience applying and adhering to RMF standards and guidelines
- Ability to understand and break down complex networks with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- DoD 8570 IAT / IAM II or III Certifications such as CAP, CASP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, GCED, GCIH, or GSLC
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis in DoD capabilities
- Demonstrated cyber security experience in Cloud environments, including hybrid cloud
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience in Secure DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification
- Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation
- Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.