Job Requisition:Language Exploitation Specialist
The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced foreign media specialists at all levels (i.e., entry through expert) for a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Language Exploitation Specialists will collect, evaluate, process, and enrich foreign language information to address requirements and to identify and extract insights from it. Language Exploitation Specialists must be capable of reading, listening to, and comprehending foreign languages and applying subject matter expertise to perform various functions in the respective languages to include, but not limited to, monitoring and selection; research; source discovery and assessment; baseline maintenance; structured data creation and maintenance for the identification of quantitative and qualitative trends, patterns, and relationships in data; synthesis and summarization; and writing reports in accordance with designated style and quality standards and data management plans. Exploitation personnel are required to have strong foreign and/or English language skills but are not required to formally translate material into English.
**Primary Languages of Interest: Any and all languages of Africa; East Asia and Pacific; Europe and Central Asia; Latin America and Caribbean; Middle East and North Africa; South Asia.
The primary responsibilities of the Language Exploitation Specialists are:
- Monitor assigned Internet-based media sources and make selections based on customer criteria
- Monitor, collect, and condition (e.g. structure, categorize/code/tag, highlight, comment on) foreign media information to include social media, radio, television, newspapers, blogs, websites, and various Internet sites
- Respond to requirements from customers by collecting data, analyzing results, and publishing detailed written reports in English
- Prioritize information for reporting based on customer requirements
Education & Experience:
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- US citizen
- Professional-Level proficiency in a foreign language (ILR 3 or higher)
- Have experience evaluating sources, conducting research, synthesizing and summarizing findings, and writing reports in English in accordance with designated standards, or commensurate training or education in a relevant field of study
- Experience with research on publicly available information, including social media exploitation
- Focused knowledge of particular media environments
- Understanding of information collected from the latest digital media platforms
- Must possess computer skills, including MS Office, to be able to produce written translations and products and sufficient Internet skills that will allow advanced research on the Web
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences
- Successful completion of English and foreign language testing
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine-translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Subject matter expertise or education in politics, culture, religion, international relations, economics, energy, counter-proliferation, cyber threats, counter-narcotics, military, science and technology, counterterrorism, or media of a particular country or region.