The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking an IT professional with recent experience supporting secure messaging services to serve as a Tier 2 Secure Messaging Service System Maintainer. The successful candidate will be required to apply deep technical and critical thinking skills, expert knowledge, and highly innovative approaches to resolving complex problems impacting the reliability of secure messaging systems. The applicant will be an integral member of a global team of highly proficient and technically competent System Maintainers supporting a complex network of critical mission applications; collectively responsible for assuring the uninterrupted performance and stability of mission processors and their associated IT infrastructure. Applicants must be available and willing to support operations using a rotating 24x7 shift schedule with predictable periods of non-work, extended personal time, and increased pay. Occasional out-of-band call-in support may be required.
- Maintain consistent secure messaging system availability and reliability through the implementation of proactive maintenance methodologies and request fulfillment activities
- Adhere to prescribed incident and problem management or ticket escalation processes to quickly and proactively resolve system anomalies as appropriate
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical competence in the expedient restoration of secure messaging services to a fully operative state
- Communicate and collaborate with the shift lead, teammates, and external stake holders to resolve anomalies negatively impacting secure messaging system operations
- Create, enhance, update or otherwise maintain concise, accurate, and complete Tier 2 secure messaging system operations and maintenance documentation
- Perform request fulfillment activities including account management and configuration changes, thoroughly documenting all activities performed via ticketing system
- Provide training to team mates, Tier 1 and customers as required
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI with polygraph is required
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 4 years of applicable experience OR 8 years of applicable experience in lieu of degree
- Current DoD 8570.01m IAT-II or higher certification (e.g. Security+ CE)
- 3 or more years’ experience supporting Tier 2 systems maintenance operations on secure messaging systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience (incl. XIBUS, AMHS, and SMART message handling systems)
- Proven experience and proficiency with one or more of the following disciplines in an enterprise environment:
**Script development and implementation (e.g. PyThon, BaSH, XML)
**Troubleshooting of complex and interconnected systems
**Usage and support of Enterprise Maintenance Management tool(s)
- Ability to develop and implement technical solutions through deep analysis and understanding of impact to the end-product/solution
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment to achieve day-to-day objectives that significantly impact operational results and deliverables
- Deep understanding and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of domain related mission operations and a broad understanding of dependent domains
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.