Job Requisition:Software Engineer
The Maritime Systems Division is seeking a Computer Scientist/Engineer in Dallas, TX. Some CONUS travel required (Washington, DC, Orlando FL, Patuxent River MD, etc.).
The person in this position will work directly with both the Leidos team and the government program office to assist in ensuring success of all aspects of the programs software engineering efforts. The candidate must have expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
In this position the expectation is that the employee will be engaged at some level in all of the following activities:
- Provide computer engineering technical expertise in sensor system application software, infrastructure software and computer processing components, and peripheral hardware engineering in support of the airborne sensor system research, development, test and evaluation, production and operation activities.
- Recommend approaches to resolve problems that affect major weapon systems requirements, functionality, performance or usability using credible and comprehensive system engineering methods and practices.
- Support system software acquisition tasks through the preparation and review of software-centric documents to include Software Requirements Document, Software Description Document, Software Development Plan, Software Interface Requirements, and Software Test Plans and Procedures.
- Conduct software in-process reviews and technical interchange meetings in support of assessing compliance with approved processes, product quality standards and project requirements. Monitor software metrics (schedule, cost, technical) and exercise sound judgment concerning the accuracy, completeness and risk associated with these data.
- Prepare and review documents which support acquisition activities that include but not limited to System Performance Specification, Statement of Work (SOW), Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL), Engineering Change Proposals, Earned Value Management (EVM) reports and Interface Design Documents.
- Support system software acquisition tasks through the preparation and review of software-centric documents such as Software Development Plan and Software Requirements Document.
- Support the Integrated Product Team (IPT) in the technical assessment of proposed work for contract award.
- Monitor software metrics (schedule, cost, technical) and software test results to exercise sound judgment concerning the accuracy, completeness and risk associated with the data.
- Identify gaps in resources, available information, or deviation from performance to plan objectives in order to recommend approaches for mitigating risk and resolving problems.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering) with a minimum of 8 years of experience in DoD R&D and fleet support of complex naval weapons systems or a Master a related filed degree with 6-10 years of experience.
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Experience in C, C++, and Java
- Experience in Real-Time software development on Linux platform.
- Demonstrated performance in projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Experience in United States Navy P-3C or P8A aircraft software/systems.
- Experience with the LSRS (Littoral Surveillance Radar System) and/or the Advanced Airborne Sensor (AAS) Systems.
- Experience with FPGA/Firmware, Software Architecture Design, System Networking
- Proficient use in industry standard tools such as Microsoft Office, Clear Quest, Clear Case, DOORs
- Decision-making skills to promote working autonomously from government oversight
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead teams
- Minimum of five years ACAT 1D support or experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.