Job Requisition:Army Geospatial Instructor
The Leidos Training Specialist will be responsible for instructing Army Engineer Soldiers on the Army Geospatial Center’s Combat Terrain Information Systems. These systems are comprised of commercial off the shelf (COTS) and government of the shelf (GOTS) hardware and software that collect and disseminate survey and geospatial feature data used for reconnaissance, military construction, and planning purposes. All training requires CONUS and OCONUS travel to conduct 40 hour classroom and outdoor hands on practical exercises of the survey kit’s hardware and software capabilities. Except for unique circumstances, each training event will consist of a team of two Leidos Instructors. Between training trips, work will be performed on site at the customer facility, Army Geospatial Center (Ft. Belvoir), including but limited to updating training, software, and hardware documentation, software testing, assisting the software development team in understanding the kit’s requirements from an end user perspective, and building a proficiency of the kit’s capabilities to ensure productive collaboration with the customer concerning training improvements, Soldier feedback, and CTIS kit enhancements.
- Training CTIS ENFIRE or GPSS systems
- Updating training materials, and hardware and software documentation
- Software testing
- Gathering of geospatial data required for training
- Customer and Software Development Team collaboration
- Providing reach back ENFIRE support for Soldiers with hardware and software inquiries
Masters and 2-6 years of experience or a Bachelor’s and 4-8 years of experience. Military training and 4 years of experience can be used in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience as an Instructor training courses of up to 40 students in classroom and outdoor settings
- Experience working with Geospatial software and data products
- Experience in creating training materials
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and work in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Minimum Secret clearance required with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (CONUS and OCONUS)
- Military experience as a Combat Engineer, Cavalry Scout or Military Policeman, SGT or SSG with recent deployment and reconnaissance experience
- Experience working with survey grade equipment
- Experience with training military audiences
- Army Instructor Certification
- Top Secret SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.