Job Requisition:Tool Integrator
The Leidos program provides IT services to a critical national client and is responsible for all facets of IT services for a user base of 2,000-3,000 staff and contractor personnel. We have global reach: over 100 locations within CONUS, and several locations outside CONUS. We are seeking a tools developer/integrator to help us transition to a more formal IT Service Management framework where we will be applying ITSM capabilities to further mature our service management, problem management, and SLA reporting capabilities.
You will work with program and client staff personnel to develop and enhance existing tools for the next generation IT service management approach that will be used for data collection of SLAs and other performance measures. You will perform research / trade studies into the most effective COTS tools available to automatically gather metrics and make recommendations on the toolsets that the client should use going forward. You will enhance existing tools providing best value for the client. You will build, integrate, and test prototypes and final implementations of tools as required to meet the client’s objectives. You will build dashboards to automatically collect and display SLA metrics and develop scripts to generate metrics reporting. You will develop design documentation and maintain effective software CM control. You will interact with vendor technical support personnel and technical program teams as needed. You may be called upon to assist with other program activities that relate to this position.
- Hold technical discussions with client and program staff to determine the toolsets necessary for SLA implementation and reporting and gain concurrence on the approach
- Provide analysis and support for the architecture and design of the performance management suite of tools
- Build, integrate, and test prototypes and final implementations
- Deploy the systems into production
- Enhance existing tools to meet SLA implementation and reporting objectives
- Formally document designs and code in the program baseline
- Provide operational support of the tool suites as needed
- Act as the senior subject matter expert on performance metrics tool suite for interactions and support with client, teammates, and vendors
- Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 6-10 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with installing and configuring software
- A good understanding of server construction, configuration, and maintenance
- Experience with building and maintaining systems in a virtual environment
- Experience with automation techniques and scripting in one or more of the following:
- SolarWinds Orion
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Experience with Windows-based systems
- Good understanding of networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing, and Internet routing protocols
- Good written and oral communications skills
- You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment.
Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
Travel: 10% within the DC Metro Area
You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.