Job Requisition:Test Scientist
Leidos is actively interviewing for a Test Scientist to support our team at Kirtland AFB, NM.
Develop, manage, and implement instrumentation plans and methodologies to meet measurement objectives to support testing. Conduct research, development, and integration efforts for DTRA to maintain currency in state-of-the-art and emerging/developmental data acquisition systems and sensor technologies across the CB testing spectrum to ensure maximum effectiveness and to fill voids in testing capabilities. Develop and implement rigorous processes to ensure new sensor and data
acquisition technologies are properly investigated and validated prior to introduction into the DTRA inventory. Develop test plans and methodologies to perform validation and verification testing of existing and emerging measurement diagnostic technologies and systems.
- Coordinating with government customers on a routine basis to plan future tests and review test and program results
- Researching new test instrumentation/equipment, sensors and procedures to enhance future testing
- Planning, execution and integration of tests into government test plans
- Interpreting test results
- Communicating of test results in both oral and written formats.
- Providing technical oversight and guidance to a test team
- Bachelor of Science with four years of test and instrumentation experience
- Knowledge of government test procedures
- Familiarity with test instrumentation
- Demonstrated ability to participate in a test team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment.
- Top Secret clearance required, eligible for Top Secret/ Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance
- Project Management Professional
- Knowledge of Countering WMD chemical threats or CBRN threats
- Experience in modeling and simulation of Countering WMD/CBRN threats
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.